Now in one comprehensive AAP volume, parents can access accurate, up-to-date scientific information to promote and support positive physical, emotional, cognitive, and psychologic growth in their teenagers. Spanning the full spectrum of adolescent development issues, this easy-to-use handbook helps parents and their children navigate the "tumultuous teens" with practical advice from a trusted authority-an essential "survival" guide to meet the challenge of raising a happy, healthy teenager.
Covers a wide range of teen health and development issues including
- Setting limits and maintaining discipline
- Handling peer pressure and the temptations of cigarettes, alcohol, and drugs
- Dating, sexuality, and sexually transmitted diseases
- Nutrition, body image, and eating disorders
- Changing relationships between teens and other family members
- 12 keys to developing self-esteem
- Hormones and a teenager's changing body
- Medical ailments common to teenagers
- And much more!