Allergies and Asthma: What Every Parent Needs to Know is an invaluable resource for parents and caregivers trying to cope with the challenges of childhood asthma and allergies. First published 10 years ago, this well-organized guide covers such topics as
- Identifying allergies and asthma
- Preventing attacks
- Minimizing triggers and avoiding allergens
- Choosing medications wisely
- Explaining allergies to young children
- Helping children of all ages manage symptoms
- What to do if a potentially life-threatening allergic reaction or asthma attack occurs
Allergies and Asthma now provides updated information on allergies—including the latest findings on food allergies and treatments—along with new approaches for monitoring asthma control, with expanded recommendations for children. The second edition provides new guidance on medications, new recommendations on patient education in settings beyond the physician’s office, and new advice for controlling environmental factors that can cause asthma symptoms.
Available on HealthyChildren.org in December 2010. In bookstores nationwide February 2011.