Recipe: Parmesan Yogurt Dip with Carrots
Zesty dip turns carrots into something special. Of course, if you run out of carrots, you could use another favorite vegetable. Greek yogurt is thicker than regular yogurt, which is why Adam uses it here; you can get it at most supermarkets.
Adult: Yes (to mince the garlic)
Active time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife (adult needed)
- Zester or grater
- Measuring cup
- Mixing spoon
- 2 cups plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and minced (minced means finely chopped)
- Juice and grated zest of 1 small scrubbed lemon or 3 – 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch (or bag) baby carrots
- Put the yogurt, garlic, lemon zest and juice and Parmesan cheese in the bowl and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper until it tastes the way you like it. Dip the carrots in and enjoy!
For more great recipes, click here.
- Last Updated
- ChopChop Magazine - Fall Issue (Copyright © 2011)
The information contained on this Web site should not be used as a substitute for the medical care and advice of your pediatrician. There may be variations in treatment that your pediatrician may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances.