Este libro está disponible solamente en inglés.
Because we want the best possible start for our children, most of us will be drawn in by the marketing and advertising hype from baby product manufacturers at some point. The bouncers, walkers, carriers, electronic toys, and “educational” videos are intended to make our daily lives easier and our children smarter, but its overuse may also impede infant development.
The latest in a series of parenting books from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), Retro Baby: Cut Back on Infant Gear, Media and Smart Toys, and Boost Your Baby’s Development with Time-Tested Activities helps caregivers understand the importance of one-on-one play with your child.
In this exceptional book featuring more than 100 activities, you’ll
• Learn how crucial connections are formed between your child’s brain and muscles during the first year of life.
• Discover how the overuse of some baby products can hinder infant exploration.
• Observe how good old-fashioned play affects your baby’s development in a positive way.
• Try a variety of ideas that enhance your infant’s ability to learn.
• See how to make traditional, handmade toys using common household items.
Retro Baby brings 20 years of experience from an occupational therapist and mother of three into your home. Anne Zachry, Ph.D. understands that each family and baby have different needs, and she offers flexible strategies and suggestions for playtime. With “back to the basic” ideas, Dr. Zachry gives you lots of opportunities to spend valuable time with your baby, creating that special bond that will last a lifetime.