With more than 4 million copies in print, our top-selling parenting guide has shaped the health and well-being of children for nearly 20 years. Drawing on the contributions and practical wisdom of more than 100 pediatric specialists, the thoroughly revised 5th edition includes
- Basic child care from infancy through 5 years
- Guidelines and milestones for physical, emotional, social, and cognitive growth
- A complete health encyclopedia covering injuries, illnesses, congenital diseases, and other disabilities
- Guidelines for prenatal and newborn care with sections on maternal nutrition, exercise, and screening tests during pregnancy
- An in-depth guide to breastfeeding, including its benefits, techniques, and challenges
- A guide to choosing child care programs and car safety seats
- Ways to reduce your child's exposure to environmental hazards such as tobacco smoke
- New chapters on sleep and allergies – including food allergies
- New content on resilience, prebiotics, probiotics, and other healthy lifestyle topics
- Expanded information on obesity, exercise, and nutrition
- A complete guide to immunizations along with updated information on vaccine safety
- And much more!
Available in Spanish! An Arabic translation is also available at Jarir Bookstore.
Interested in purchasing 10 or more copies of this book? Visit the AAP Bookstore for discounts up to 50% off our retail price!