Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Ask the Pediatrician

Dr. Jennifer Shu and her team of pediatricians answer your health questions.

Dr. Jennifer Shu

Question & Answer


Should I test for radon in my home?


‚ÄčThe EPA recommends that all homes be checked. An inexpensive hometesting kit can be obtained from home improvement stores, the National Safety Council, and from some local or state radon programs.

The sample obtained should be sent to a certified laboratory for analysis. Mitigation measures should be taken if the level of radon exceeds 4 pCi/L and considered for levels between 2 and 4 pCi/L.

Source: Pediatric Environmental Health, 3rd Edition (Copyright © American Academy of Pediatrics 2011)

Find Us