Diferentes tipos de familias: Una galería de retratos
- Approximately half of all families with youngsters under age 18 are composed of two biological parents and their children.
- Single-parent families make up 27 percent of households with children under age 18.
- Approximately 670,000 families with children under age 18 have a family member age 65 or older living with them.
- Roughly 2.5 million children under age 18 live with one or both parents in their grandparents’ home.
- Approximately 120,000 children are adopted each year.
- 6.3 children per 1,000 live in out-of-home foster care.
- About 1.5 million unmarried couples have at least one child under age 15.
- About 20 percent of children in two-parent households live in blended families.
Grandparents as Parents
- Approximately 1.3 million children under age 18 live with their grandparents.
Same-Sex Parent Families
- Some 2 million children have parents who are gay, lesbian or bisexual.
- Última actualización
- Adapted from Caring for Your Teenager (Copyright © 2003 American Academy of Pediatrics)
La información contenida en este sitio web no debe usarse como sustituto al consejo y cuidado médico de su pediatra. Puede haber muchas variaciones en el tratamiento que su pediatra podría recomendar basado en hechos y circunstancias individuales.