The following are examples of unsafe foods for toddlers.
- Hot dogs (unless cut in quarters lengthwise before being sliced)
- Hard candies, including jelly beans
- Chunks of peanut butter (Peanut butter may be spread thinly on bread or a cracker—but never give chunks of peanut butter to a toddler.)
- Raw carrots, celery, green beans
- Seeds (such as processed pumpkin or sunflower seeds)
- Whole grapes, cherry tomatoes (Cut them in quarters.)
- Large chunks of any food such as meat, potatoes, or raw vegetables and fruits