Blueberries are amazing brain food. Just a half cup a day can help keep your brain cells healthy and your memory strong. Plus, blueberries are bursting with antioxidants—those amazing substances that keep your cells and body super-healthy. Add blueberries to smoothies and fruit salads, top your cereal with them, or freeze and eat them like tiny fruitsicles. Or make this creamy, blue smoothie to share.
Active Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes
- Measuring cup
- Dinner knife (for slicing banana)
- Cutting board
- Blender (adult needed)
- ½ cup water or coconut water
- ½ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ overripe banana, peeled and sliced (frozen if possible)
- 2 ice cubes
Before You Begin:
WASH your hands with soap and water and dry them.
CLEAN the counter top with a sponge.
GATHER all your kitchen gear and ingre¬dients and put them on the counter.
SCRUB all the fruits and lay them out on a dishtowel to dry.
PREPARE your ingre¬dients, which means you may have to do something before you get started with the instructions.
- Put all the ingredients in the blender.
- Put the blender top on tightly. Turn the blender to medium and blend until the mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the smoothie into 2 glasses and scrape out the rest in the blender with a spoon.
- Serve right away—or store in a thermos or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
Get an adult’s permission and help with all sharp knives, appliances (blender and food processor), the stove or oven, and hot ingredients.
For more great recipes,