Of course you could simply make a salad, but this is more fun, and the kabobs make delightfully unusual afterschool snacks or perfectly cheerful summer appetizers. If you like bell peppers, feel free to add those too!
Hands-On Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Makes: 12-15 Kabobs
- Measuring spoons
- Zester or grater
- Small bowl
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife (adult needed)
- Measuring cup
- Bamboo skewers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint (or ½ teaspoon dried)
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and minced or put through a garlic press
- 1 (8-ounce) block feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cucumber, quartered lengthwise, and cut into cubes
- 1 pint (2 cups) cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted black or green olives
Put the lemon juice and zest, olive oil, mint, and garlic in the bowl and mix well. Add the feta and gently stir. Leave it to marinate while you prepare the other ingredients.
Thread the marinated feta, cucumber, tomatoes, and olives onto the skewers, alternating and arranging them however you like. (Tip: Push the skewers slowly and gently through the cheese cubes so that they won’t be inclined to crumble.) Serve right away.
For more great recipes, click here.